At Union Bank of India (UK) Ltd we are committed to providing our customers with a secure banking experience.
These features are given as under:
For logging into internet banking you need to use your online banking User ID and password. Our login page is a secure page.
Upon logging successfully to Union Bank of India (UK) Ltd internet banking your browser will establish a 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) connection between your computer and our web servers.
SSL stands for 'Secure Socket Layer'. SSL being a protocol is used to transmit information securely over the internet. The SSL encrypts sensitive information so that it cannot be accessed, opened or understood by anyone other than the intended receiver. SSL has universal acceptance as the standard for authenticating and encrypting communication over the web.
The 128-bit SSL gives the most secure encryption available.
You can yourself see whether a web page is secure:
Check the web page Uniform Resource Locator (URL):
Generally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin with the letters "http". However, over a secure connection the address displayed it should begin with "https" and not "http".
You can also see whether a web page is secure by applying the following
Check the web page URL:
Normally, when browsing the web, the URL (web page addresses) begins with the letters "http". However, the web page address displayed should begin with "https" for a secure connection and not with" http" i.e.; without s at the end
While visiting our home page (http://www.unionbankofindiauk.co.uk/) please note that the URL begins with 'http', meaning this page is not secure. Then click the link at the upper-right hand corner to 'Internet Banking'. Now the URL begins with "https"; meaning that the user name and password typed in will be encrypted before being sent to our server.
Generally all web browsers display a "lock" icon somewhere in the window of the browser. For example, Chrome Browser displays the lock icon at the upper left -hand side of the browser window:
Click (or double-click) the 'padlock' icon of your web browser to see details of the site's security.
It is important to know and understand that some look alike fraudulent web sites are built to imitate the lock icon of your browser. But, you will be able to tell this is a fraudulent site because you won't be able to click the 'padlock'.
Further websites are authenticated by certification authorities known as Digital certificate which verifies that the site is legitimate. Your web browser automatically accesses the certificate to check its legitimacy.
Please provide the correct User ID and password, which would provide access to your internet banking. After three unsuccessful login attempts, your User ID will be blocked automatically by our system.
To re-enable your online banking User ID, please call us on +44 20 7332 4250 or send us an e-mail at
As a matter of additional security feature if you keep logged in for unduly long period, the session terminates automatically, however you may log in again for your banking requirement.
Restricting the use of 'Back', 'Forward' and 'Refresh' buttons on your browser during your session would log you out of the systems. This feature is in place to ensure that no unauthorised entry can be made in your internet banking during your absence from your computer system
Union Bank of India (UK) Ltd would never send an e mail or call you asking you for your User ID and/or password. You need not to share your User ID and Password with anyone including us.
How can customers protect their accounts?
This section is all about how customers can protect his/her account from being misused?
Customers are advised to make sure to let us know as soon as possible changes as below:
- phone number or
- e-mail address [if this is how we communicate with the customer].
Checking the account
Customers are advised the following check points in their own interest,
- to check statements regularly;
- If there is an entry, which seems to be wrong, to tell us as soon as possible so that we can sort it out; and
- In case of need to investigate a transaction in the account, customer's co-operation with us and the police or any other authority is essential.
The care of cheques, cards, PINs and other security information is essential to help prevent fraud and protect customers’ accounts. The bank has displayed guidelines on our Internet Banking website. The customers are also advised:
- not to keep cheque book and cards together
- not to keep the blank cheque leaves signed
- not to allow anyone else to use the card, PIN, password or other security information
- In case of change in PIN, they should choose the new PIN carefully
- Always learn (remember) the PIN, password and other security information, and destroy the communication that shows the PIN
- Never write down or record the PIN, password or other security information
- Always take reasonable steps to keep the card safe in personal custody and the PIN, password and other security information secret at all time
- Keep the PIN mailer safe and dispose of them carefully
- Never give the account details password or other security information to anyone including bank officials
Precautions while using Internet Banking facilities
Customers are advised to visit our internet banking site directly and to avoid accessing the site through a link from another site and verify the domain name displayed to avoid spoof websites.